Sunday, May 21, 2006

Book Signings, Bloggers, & Blabbing

It's been forever since my last post...too many hours working & trying to squeeze in a few hours to write, dammit. Yesterday was my first real day off in way too long, and I spent it going to the Cornelia Read and Lee Child book signing at the Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ. It was great to meet these writers, and I'll be writing more about that later. If it doesn't suck, it'll be showing up in the next issue of the e-zine, Spinetingler. BTW, I only got to see one of Corneilia's tats, so I have to take her word on the alleged 1/2 tat.

Just as cool was the opportunity to meet fellow writer/blogger/Arizonan, M.G. Tarquini. As soon as I have time to figure out the whole "add links" thing, I'll be adding her blog along with some others I've been meaning to get on the ol' blog links list. Anyway, Mindy was super nice & took me & my hubby to linner (that's a late lunch, early dinner for you uninitiated) so we could have a chance for a quick get-to-know-ya. Two things came out of that...a) I'll know someone at ThrillerFest and b) don't get on Mindy's bad side, 'cause she'll use that superduper Ginsu tongue to slice & dice ya up & somehow leave you laughing at the same time. Looking forward to seeing you at ThrillerFest, Mindy!

I've got to run- making sound traps for a recording studio at Todd's house this afternoon, and then I've got the short article thingie to write up. And mebbe, if I'm really, really lucky, there'll be a little time left over to get back to the novel! Before I go, though, I'll leave you with a few photos.


Lee Child and Cornelia Read take questions from a standing room only crowd at The Poisoned Pen bookstore in Scottsdale, AZ on Saturday, May 20, 2006.

5 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Ginsu tongue?! LOL - that's hysterical!

I wish I'd thought of that!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

Lordy, wide-load in this picture. Thank God you didn't get me from the back. Next time I squat a little, make sure the kiddos cover the shoulders!

Yep, great meeting ya, Angie. Turns out you're a humorist in hiding!

Ginsu tongue.

I'm toast.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger angie said...

I tried to order one of those Mighty Mindy thingies, but they're out of stock, dammit! And I really wanted that FREE Turip Twaddler, too!

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

Mighty Mindy...

*dies laughing*

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Cornelia Read said...

Ginsu tongue!!! I WANT ONE!!!!!!!! You can keep the turnip thingie.

DAMN, I am so jealous you guys got to go out for Linner together... so so bummed I had to leave for the airport and miss the repartee, plus all I got to eat was peanuts on the airplane to Houston, and NO GINSU!!!

Order before midnight...

You guys are AWESOME, and so are Mindy's twins.

xxxxxC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home