Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Crazy busy, but there is light at then end of the tunnel. Er, I mean after Memorial Day. Spent the majority of Sunday working on sound traps, then worked Monday & finished up sound traps in the evening. Finally got the article on the Lee Child & Cornelia Read book signing done & off to Sandra over at Spinetingler yesterday. It didn't suck too badly, but I'd never make it as a journalist. That's for damn sure.

Working today and tomorrow, then off to Arcosanti on Friday and Saturday. I'm running the sound board for the Slab City Slam (poetry slam). I'd better get my shit together ASAP as we're recording the slam for future podcasts at Coyote Radio. You'd think running sound for spoken word would be easier than for a band, but you'd be wrong. Those damn slam poets have a tendency to go from a shout to a whisper. Sometimes they do this sing-song thing, too. Eurgh! Hope I don't spend all day Sat. riding the freakin' faders, 'cause that would suck.

Gotta run. Trying to squeeze in an hour of actual writing before I have to go meet the school bus...

6 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Oh, don't sell yourself short Angie! You did a great job!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger angie said...

Umm...thanks, but I still maintain that I'd make a lousy journalist. Don't get me wrong, it was a lot of fun & I'm not sorry I did it. I just can't imagine how the REAL journalists write all that disparate stuff up on deadlines without going completely mad.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Cornelia Read said...

Can't wait to read it!

A lady who was at one of the signings blogged about it today and said she felt bad for me because Lee was such a big deal. I said it was as cool as getting to open for the Beatles.

Only bummer is I look like such a toad in the photos, compared to him. Otherwise, it's all good.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger angie said...

Yeah right, Toadelia. You looked great & handled yourself like a pro. Jeezly weasly, these artistic types & their inferiority complexes. You freakin' rocked! You've got to know it - I noticed that the book table was left with precisely zero copies of your novel by the end of the event. There were lots of eager readers who obviously agreed with my assessment. Seems like Lee Child thinks so, too!

On a marginally related note...The pony-tail dude who said he came because of the NYT Book Review re. the latest Jack Reacher novel? Yeah, dude bogued out & left w/o buying a damn thing. I still say reviews are all fine and good, but I don't believe they generate half the sales people think they do.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

What's going to generate those sales for Cornelia is the brilliance of her writing. Having Lee Child help is none too shabby, but in the end, it's her ability which is going to do it for her.

I'm looking forward to the article, Angie.

um...don't suppose you want to help me with a bio?

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger angie said...

What Mindy said. Absafuckinlutely 100% talent, baby! I'm enjoying the book & having to take it slower than I probably would under normal life circumstances. This is a good thing, BTW.

And Mindy, whatever you need help with (moral support, twinkies, bio, etc.), I'm down for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home