Thursday, June 01, 2006

Back to Bidness

It's Double Mocha time!!! Fab coffee mug uncovered in some guy's attic & sold to the good folks at Coffee Roasters. How freakin' 70's can you get?

I envision many caffeine-fueled early morning writing sessions in the near future. As in, starting NOW! Last month had it's moments, but I am so freakin' glad to be back to full-time writing. The whole temp work situation has finally come to an end (insert fireworks & confetti) and I'm finally catching up on all the stuff I had to push to the back burner. Okay, I still have to go do the damn laundry today, and the mound of dirty dishes ain't showing any inclination to wash itself. Still, it's back to Angie-time and that means moving forward with the novel. I am so very, very grateful.

I had a bit of a meltdown a few weeks ago that mainly had to do with the simple fact that I haven't really done fuck-all with the novel since I started working a day job again. I totally lost it, which is a bit embarassing, but the simple truth. I am incredibly lucky to have a super supportive spouse (how's that for a little alliterative magic?) who doesn't think I'm a total wacko. I'm sure all of you artistic types with supportive friends, family members, spouses, lovers, whatever, know what I'm talking about. Just sending out a big blast o' gratitude for everyone, everywhere who gives that smile or hug or word of encouragement to the artist nearest & dearest to their hearts. It's much needed and much appreciated.

And on that sappy note, it's back to figuring out how to catch a killer and make it remotely interesting on the page.

2 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Going to have to pick up temporary work when I move to Melbourne last week of July, unless I'm fortunate enough to get a permanent job. Also going to be working full time for the first time in 8 years. Fuck. Already in a panic about it.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger angie said...

Amra - Ouch on both moving & the full time day job thing. Good luck with that- and congrats on finishing your first draft, too. Hopefully you'll sell gazillions & be able to stick to writing full-time soon. All I can say is that I am very, very happy to be back in the land of the unemployed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home