Saturday, July 08, 2006

Weekend Stuff

Other than the power lines, I've got a kick ass view, no?

Busy weekend ahead. Writing away at the first draft, working hard to stop overthinking every swinging thing & just get the damn thing on the page, er, screen. Already well aware that major rewrites will be in order, but if I keep focusing on what needs to be fixed, I'll never get the overall story arc down. So damn the torpedos and all that.

Will finish up the sound edits, sound effects & incidental music for chapter 2 of Alice & hope to get it posted in the next three or four days - yes, Stephen, I'm going to do the entire book in audio format. God bless public domain! Going into the studio this afternoon or tomorrow to record the voice for chapter 3, label mic cables, re-cable the hard-disc recorder, etc.

Then there's the whole gotta clean up all the mud the damn dogs keep tracking in. Monsoon season has started - thank goodness we're actually getting a little rain this year. The downside is the aforementioned mud tracked into the house by said critters. When we first moved to AZ and I heard about the monsoons, I imagined something like a raging storm a la the Phillipines, or some other tropical-esque location. Umm, not exactly. Still, in a good year, the dry gulches turn into little raging rivers and inevitably some dumbass thinks they can make it across in their car or SUV or truck only to end up getting swept away. Ah, good times, good times.

Well, the vaccuum cleaner is calling my name, and unfortunately I must answer.

6 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger anne frasier said...

wow, what a view! do you live there? or did you hike to that spot?

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Wow, a talking vaccuum cleaner. The media will be all over that!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger angie said...

Yep, that's the view from my backyard. Thumb Butte's off to the left & Granite Mtn. is on the far right.

Crazy writer lady thinks everything animate & inanimate alike talks to her- especially vile cleaning implements.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

Yes! Just bash out the words and edit later (says she who edits as she goes along and drives herself crazy...)

:o)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

Hey! We could holler across the holler at each other!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Bill Cameron said...

Sometimes I like to write about 20 pages of dialog, and then go back and try to figure out who said what. Occasionally, I actually figure it out. I'm not sure where that random thought fits into the conversation though.

It was hot there this afternoon, and I drank beer. That's probably it.

Great view though! I wish I had it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home