Sunday, August 06, 2006

Big Summer Events - Pics

I can't believe it, but the summer's almost over. Most of the kids are either back in school or getting ready for it. Now that blogger's decided I CAN post pics, I thought I'd put up a few from some of Prescott's summer events.
Much as I'm not a rodeo fan, Bruce Colbert took some incredible photos of this year's Prescott Rodeo. Love it or loathe it, it's a pretty damn big deal for this mountain town.






































Here's a photo of Lisa and Larson Notah from Klagetoh, AZ. Andrew swears they made the best Navajo tacos he's ever had!














Pre-rug auction inside the Smoki Museum.














A few pics of the Prescott Regulators and their Shady Ladies.




































Yeah, yeah, this event happened 6 weeks ago, but here are a few more Flam Chen pics from this year's Tsunami. They are so awesome! Photos by Tina. She's got some great pics of Asha Gopal, Troupe Salamat & tons of other groups that performed this year. Worth checking out!

































Some photos of Archedream's Blacklight Theater show from Tsunami on the Square - just got these from Bruce Colbert.

6 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Oh, wow, some of those pictures are very cool. I'm not too big on rodeo either, but wow.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

I'm really looking forward to having a place up there, Angie. Phoenix is so much less western since I moved here. Looks like Prescott hasn't lost those roots yet. Never had a Navajo taco.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger angie said...

Funny you should say that, Mindy. Andrew keeps telling me to stop talking about how cool Prescott is or we'll get overrun! I cannot believe you've never had a Navajo taco, or even plain ol' frybread before. That's just shocking. *Shakes head in sad disbelief*

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Christian said...

I never thought your blog would be the go-to place for rodeo pix. The black light stuff is wicked, though. Reminds me of one of those Pink Floyd laser light shows I went to back when I was on . . . never mind.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger anne frasier said...

cool photos, angie!!

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

I love pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home