Thursday, August 31, 2006

Nom de Help!

Okay, kind of a dumb thing, but I'm wondering what to do about my name. No, no, I mean my writing name. See, my last name is a hyphenate & I'm thinking it's a little too complicated for the stuff I write. If I wrote self-help books, or feminista treatises, it would be great. Humor and/or mysteries? Not so very. So help a writer out. Which one do you like best...Angela Lynn, or A. L. Johnson? I've been told by another writer that Angela Lynn sounds like a romance writer (which I am not), but I dunno. What do ya'll think? I need to make this decision this like, um, yesterday. All thoughts and/or comments appreciated.

10 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Angel Johnson. Innocent and direct at the same time. Maybe not.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger angie said...

Hahahaha! I am SO not an angel. Thanks for the laugh, though.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger mai wen said...

I like A.L. Johnson, sounds clean and professional.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Elizabeth Krecker said...

Ya know...I sort of like the irony of Steve's suggestion. And, with a name like Angel which has both innocent and sinister connotations, you could write anything from paranormal thriller's to crime mysteries about downtown Phoenix gangs to...well, to romance. And everything in between.

It's a thought...

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger anne frasier said...

you know, i kinda think steve might have something too. angela lynn does sound a bit romancy. sorry! and A. L. johnson.... i don't know. kind of not enough info. i might not remember it. you want a name people will be able to remember when they step into a store and get confused by all the other names.

but angela is a great name.... let's see. what can we put with that.... one or two syllables.

angela rand

oh, too much like that other chick.

damn. but i like that.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger angie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger WannabeMe said...

How about Angie-lynn Johnson. Wait... You write horror? Okay, how about -

Jonathan Angel.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

The first one brought a smile to my mind, the second a man. One of the reasons I went with my name...could be a man or a woman author.

:o)

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

How about...

Maya Angelou?

On a serious note, I like Angela Johnson. Has presence.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger angie said...

There's already at least one author named Angela Johnson already - actually I think there are multiples. So I'm thinking no on that one. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home