Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Of Quills & Edits

Lots to do today, so not much to say here. Survived the 12 hour work day, slept for ages & now it's time to get off-line and finish the schmacka - fracka edits. Very, very grateful that I'm living in the computer age & not the quill pen & ink well days. Quill pens always look so pretty in photos, but let me tell ya, they are a bitch to write with. I know this from my weird "let's use the old tools & methods to make art" phase in college. Believe me, I'm giving my little mac a grateful pat before I settle in to work. Once the edits are done, regular broadcasting will resume!

6 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Someone told me they suspected people didn't have as many typos with typewriters because it took so much effort to punch the keys, you'd notice before you made mistakes.

A theory I'd like to see them prove. :)

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quills and Ink. It would never work for me. If I had to do it the old way, I'd need a pencil with an eraser.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

I used a real feather last year to do a page of old fashioned writing in one of my sons project books. The amount of times I had to dip it in the ink! I'm amazed they got anything written!

:o)

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger WannabeMe said...

I hate quills and inkwells. I like the Chinese brush pens - holds a lot more ink. Not that I use either regularly. But yes, the good ole computer, if it were not for this invention, I wouldn't be a writer. =)

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger angie said...

I've got a lot of respect for those who wrote with nib fountain pens & quills - M.E.'s right about the tons of times you have to re-fill the pen. Then again, I was on a kick where I was making egg tempera and paper by hand. I did some japanese calligraphy, too. The brushes hold more ink, but it calls for a precision that is pretty intense. Let's just say I am very appreciative of the immediacy of the computer keyboard now.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Elizabeth Krecker said...

The "schmacka - fracka" edits? What other kind of edits are there!

Love this phrase! Best to you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home