Sunday, August 27, 2006

Some Slammin' Poetry

Okay, basically I got nothin' right now. Finishing up edits - other life stuff got in the way of completing them this weekend, gotta go work tomorrow (shock, gasp, horror!), blah, blah, blah. So the best I can do ya for is some links to some of the poetry I recorded at Arcosanti's Slab City Slam a few months ago. If you're looking for some poetry to open your head in a little different direction, you can check out Christa Bell performing "The Too Much", Eric Gray's "It's Nine O'Clock", Rowie Shebala's "The Sappy L-Word Poem" (one of my personal fav's), and Christopher Lane's "If This Poem". Oh, and some of the poems are, uh, PG-13, so if you don't wanna be blaring the occasional naughty word or sexual content in front of small children or co-workers, you've been forewarned. On the other hand, these are pretty good poems. Your call.

7 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, Angie. Or should I say good night. Are you in California?

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger angie said...

Nope. I'm in AZ. And it's somewhere between good morning & good night...

 
At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My apology. I just checked your profile and realized my mistake.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger angie said...

No need for apologies! Hard to keep everybody straight in their little corners of the world.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Zinnia said...

I know Wild Child Publishing.com has a magazine (online) that accepts poetry. Might give 'em a try. I think they have a monthly pick for poetry too that pays, but don't quote me on that. Better check their guidelines to be sure if you're interested.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Bill Cameron said...

Boo!

Just wanted to stick my nose in and say Hi@

 
At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So can relate to being busy and having do the yucky job thing. Keep strong. Keep strong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home