Sunday, August 20, 2006

Yay, Me!!


I am so very, very excited. I've finally completed the first draft of my short story. Big deal you say? Yes, it is! You see, other than a few flash fiction pieces, this is the very first bit of fiction writing that I've finished! Feels a little dorky to admit, but it's true. First draft of the novel is 3/4 of the way complete, another possible short story (maybe a novel, who knows? I don't) has some good progress, but this short story has the dubious distinction of being the first to be completed. So Yay, me, indeed! Now I've got to edit the sucker & get it sent off. Then it'll not only be the first thing I've finished, but the first submission ever! I don't even care (much) if it gets accepted or how well it does in the contest. Today I'm just grateful for this "first."

I think this calls for a happy dance. Wish I could do it as well as these guys!

Response to OKGO on Treadmills

10 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

I love the video, I love this response.

Yay on you for finishing story.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Stephen Blackmoore said...

That's great. Never underestimate the boost you can get from just finishing something. Looking forward to reading it. Congratulations.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Christian said...

Congratulations! I'm doing a Snoopy dance for you right now. I don't know where all the little yellow birds are coming from.

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first leads to the second and then the third. I know the feeling. Enjoy it.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger angie said...

Thanks everyone! And thanks for stopping by, Steve.

Halfway through the first edit. Snip, snip!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Finishing is critical - for once you've finished you know you can, and then you have confidence to do more! Yay you!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger WannabeMe said...

My friend just sent me that video. What a coinkidink!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger anne frasier said...

congratulations, angie!!!

and i love the snoopy dance.

 
At 2:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You can't control what happens when you send it so you have to celebrate your own achievements. And submitting is BIG. Reward yourself cause you are on your way baby.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

Yay you!

:o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home