Saturday, September 09, 2006

Rainy Day

Zelda - black lab mutt

















Zuzu










I shouldn't say this, but I'm really getting sick of all the rain. I know, I know. Arizona's in the middle of a multi-year drought and needs every drop of moisture we can get, but...I'm starting to miss the warm, dry days of early fall.

I'm tired of gray skies, and I'm tired of getting woken up in the middle of the night by my dogs freaking out - Zuzu hates the thunder and isn't shy about sharing her thoughts on the matter. Whatever Zuzu does, Zelda does, so I end up with two dogs whining and pacing. I'm so done with it. Then there's the fact that I just steam cleaned the carpets. Not so good with 2 dogs tracking in mud because of all the RAIN. So I find myself humming that tune of children with cabin fever, "rain, rain, go away..."

Time to stop whining & get to writing.


Another downside - Snails everywhere!!!

9 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have rain. HaHaHaHaHa, as you say. Welcome to a little German weather.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Granny J said...

Hey -- that's supposed to be a killer snail -- that is, a killer of garden snails! From spring onward, I am haunted by slugs and snails. Now I find out that the reason we have all those garden snails is that Californians imported them in the 1800s to enjoy escargot!

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you find that the shit weather makes you more productive. Basically cause you have no fucking choice, but anyway. Love the pooches. So cute.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger d said...

Gads! Zelda looks so much like our former dog (Ace 1984-2003)He was a mutt the vet said was probably a lab/doxie cross. Ace was terrified of thunder too. I miss him.

Sorry about all your rain. It sounds like too-much-of-a-good- thing-syndrome. I'm actually longing for some. It's crackling dry where I am.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

Ugh, that snail was gross!

We had rain for a bit but now it's gone back to sun, with those lush crisp mornings. Hope they come your way soon!

:o)

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Christian said...

Tip for the snails- lightly fried in olive oil with a little salt. Deee-lish!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Elizabeth Krecker said...

Your pups are precious!

I've lived in Arizona too long to ever get tired of the rain. Catching up on the last 25 years, it is!

But when the water came down so hard on Thursday that it filled up my yard and lapped the edge of my front door, I did hope it would lighten up just a tad.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger anne frasier said...

poor zelda.
the snail is beautiful!
what a lovely shade of blue.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger mai wen said...

Zelda looks just like my little Zoe (only much bigger obviously)... we think Zoe's a dachshund and something else mix, but people always think she's a lab puppy, even though she's full grown at 20lbs!! She has Zelda's face and the little chest markings... too cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home