Friday, October 20, 2006

From the Junk Drawer

I'm not suggesting that I'm writing about junk here - just a lil' o' this and a lil' o' that. And no, this is not actually one of my junk drawers. Although I admit to having more than one, I'm not quite willing to put photographic evidence of my pack-rattery on the web.

First of all, those naughty Bunion ladies are at it again. E. Ann Bardawill's "The Miracle Manilow" is not to be missed. I'd never imagined myself as a bookie with an abacus, but in an infinite universe...

The cantankerous Maisie McAllister has posted the conclusion to her rant on "Historical Blindness" over at the Day of the Dead blog. Worth checking out if you like that sort of thing. On a side note, I'm hoping to put up the Day of the Dead show after the event. Since it will be a live recording & there's no way to know what will happen in terms of sound & recording, I'm not promising, though.

I'm still not sure what I feel about this, but I've signed up for NaNoWriMo (that's National Novel Writing Month for those of you who have no idea what the hell I'm talking about). Mostly I'm just hoping the structure will help me get off my ass. I'm not even sure what to expect, but I'm gonna give it a shot. 50k in 30 days...sounds like a recipe for a lot of crap writing, but if it helps me get half-way through the first draft, so be it.

Still waiting on Kim (fab artist of this year's t-shirt design) to get me a photo and final bio. I do know she's been working on getting her website up and running. You can see the start of it here. Not much to look at yet, but her Four Flowers mandala is pretty awesome - click on it to see a bigger image.

And that's all from today's edition of The Junk Drawer today. I've got to go make sure the Bunions stay out of the liquor cabinet at least until after 5pm. I dunno...if Bardawill's any indication, it's not looking good.

10 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

I started HINDSIGHT a year ago at Nanowrimo. And LOOK at me now.

I got about 25K words written during that month. All of which has been rewritten.

Several times.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger angie said...

Art is pain.

I'm just glad I know someone else who's doing the NaNoWriMo thing (Stephen B.). I still don't get the writing buddy thing - what the hell is that?!

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've a couple of junk drawers. Clean them out every six months.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger d said...

I tried NaNowriMo thing a couple times --wasn't for me...seemed to kick my gastric juices into high gear instead of my creative juices. heh.

But I'm a big fan of "whatever works" so I send you good strong encouragement vibes and LUCK!

I'll keep my fingers crossed about the Day of the Dead show.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger angie said...

Dammit. Bardawill figured out how to break into the liquor cabinet after all.

Of course Mindy is a fibber. She's a writer. She's lookin' to get paid for her fibbing.

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've signed up too. There's no way I'll make 50,000 words but I just want to get into a routine. Buddy's are people you link to your profile. What's your sign in name so I can link you as a buddy.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger angie said...

For Amra (and anyone else who's interested) my NaNo profile is slackerwriter. Hey, I believe in truth in advertising. 'Course I'm also hoping to slack a little less in November.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger WannabeMe said...

Everyone's still writing? When autumn hits that's the time of year I go into hibernation.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger angie said...

If I went into hibernation I'd never get a damn thing done. I'm such a slow-ass writer as it is that I can't afford to take an entire season of the year off. Besides, I wanna get published, dammit.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

Good luck with NaNo!

:o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home