Thursday, October 26, 2006

How Soon Is Now?

Much running about to be done today - the Day of the Dead Show is just around the corner & I've got a ton of stuff to take care of. Most of that stuff is just the boring crap like running to the print shop to pick up the tickets, posters & flyers. Followed by phone calls, cleaning out the studio (I went there today and it's pretty messy...boys don't like to clean up after themselves!). The rest of my errands are of the oh-god-we-still-need-to-eat-gotta-grocery-shop variety. Somewhere in the mess I MUST get the flippin' outline done. Characters are good. Premise and setting are good, but dammit, I need outline done or NaNoWriMo is going to be above and beyond the insanity I can tolerate. My life is so glamorous.

On the plus side, the hubster is back from Tucson and we're gonna have a little Angie gets published for the first time celebration. Andrew wanted to know where his hair dryer was and I had to remind him that it's a short story that's getting published, not Carrie. He still wants one. When I pointed out that he doesn't have enough hair to even use a hair dryer, he informed me that he was more than willing to grow big, bushy 80's hair to justify owning one. Um, eww!

10 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie, have a super celebration.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Stephen Blackmoore said...

Sounds like a hot time in the old town tonight! And it's never "just" a short story. Don't sell yourself short.

Oh, and a Nano tip. Don't outline too heavily. Keep it flexible and open ended, just something to keep you roughly on track. Because you'll find yourself going on tangents, and you're probably going to want to explore some of them.

Oh, and I was wondering is the Day of The Dead Dinner Show going to be podcast? I can't hop over to Arizona any time soon, unfortunately.

Good luck.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

That's the question of the hour, Stephen. I wanted to see it live, but the kids' and the husband's schedule have conspired to keep me in Phoenix, happily chauffeuring. So, we'll have to stage a demonstration for this one.

Strike your best Gladiator pose:

PODCAST! PODCAST! PODCAST! PODCAST!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger angie said...

Thanks for the tip, Stephen - although I don't think I could write a hard-core outline to save my everlasting soul! I just want a general road map as I know I'll be going off on tangents (some more interesting than others).

Like I said, if we can get a decent recording of the show, we'll definitely put up a podcast. It's tricky, though. The Smoki pueblo is a weird room for sound, and then there's the whole 5 voice actors, 2 foley (sound fx) people, the music & the general crowd noise. So...it's a tentative yes.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Christian said...

Andrew with Duran Duran hair- that would be so totally rad.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger d said...

Hi angie,

hahahahaha re: hubby's hair dryer.

I HAVE to have an outline --like you said, a map ...doesn't mean you can't take side trips just helps you end up where you want to go. I also write my ending first (doesn't mean I don't change aspects of it--just helps me set my goal).

I think HOW you get there doesn't matter much --it's the GETTING THERE part that counts.

I'd like to see the podcast too.
:-D

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger tiff said...

Hi Angie...

Shhhh....I'm at work and reading your blog, paying my bills, and emailing. I'm a slacker/social worker at her finest.
Felicidades on getting published woman!! you rock!

planning on seeing you and your "hubster" tonight at the raven still...right?

By the way..this is is Tiff. Ciao!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger angie said...

Hey slacker/social worker! Nice to see Coyote's newest member & foley artiste extraordinaire here!

And Dink, I've got to have my ending first anyway. I'm gonna try a reverse narrative with this novel. But yeah, without at least a general outline, I'd be lost!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Hey, celebrate everything! Treasure all those moments, don't let them get swept away unappreciated!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

LOL! Get him a hairdryer anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home