Monday, October 23, 2006

Snoopy Dance Time!

Superduperfab news today - I placed in Spinetingler's Cozy Noir contest! Which means, (drumroll, please) I'll have my very first story published in the Winter 2006 edition of Spinetingler.

How freakin' cool is that? Well, I'll tell you. It's pretty damn cool. This marks a series of firsts for me. First piece of fiction longer than a flash that I've completed, first short story written, first contest entered, first publication cred, first monies earned by my writing. Yowza! But wait! There's more! I'm also the totally stoked winner of a copy of Duane Swierczynski's The Wheelman and an ARC of his new book The Blonde.

*Edit.
The hubster just pointed out that I forgot to mention the title of my short story. So, for those of you who wanna know, look for Big Pussy Gets Whacked in the Winter issue of Spinetingler.

If this isn't cause for the Happy Dance, then I don't know what is. So in that vein, here's the awesome original OK Go video. I just love these guys!

22 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

You da bomb.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger anne frasier said...

woo-hoo!!! congratulations, angie!!!
i can't wait to read it!!!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger d said...

This IS definitely very cool!

Did I get it right? You won TWO contests today? Maybe you oughta go buy a lottery ticket.

Congratulations!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger angie said...

No, no. Just placed in the one contest. BUT it's the first contest I've entered, first submission ever & I'M GONNA BE PUBLISHED!! The books & the money are pure, yummy gravy!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger coyoteradiotheater said...

Congratulations from Tucson, SuperGroovy SkeloWriter.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Granny J said...

May this be the first in a long run of good happenings (I was going to say "luck" but that denied you your well earned credit!)

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger WannabeMe said...

I love that title - Big Pussy Gets Whacked. CONGRATS!

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Angie. What a title. Can't wait to read it.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger angie said...

Thanks everybody! Still doing a little skip-n-snoopy every once in a while & can't seem to get this silly grin off my face.

As soon as my sweetie gets back from Tucson, there will be bubbly. Hey. The good things in life are too far & few between not to celebrate in style!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Christian said...

Mega-congrats! You earned it, man.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger anne frasier said...

oh, and love the video -- and your title!! :D

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger mai wen said...

How exciting! Congrats, girl. I can't wait to get my first publication too! (Someday soon, I hope)

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Brett Battles said...

Fantastic news, Angie. Way to go!!!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Stephen Blackmoore said...

That's fantastic news. Woohoo!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

OH MY GOD I LOVED THAT STORY!! I loved it!! I was one of my absolute faves, Angie!! You're an excellent writer. Congrats!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger angie said...

Thanks, Trace. As the only other person (besides Mindy) who's read the story, it's nice to hear you were diggin' it!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Congratulations Angie! You rock!

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Bill Cameron said...

Hey, Angie, congrats! That's so exciting! (We're twinkies! I placed too!) Let's go celebrate--I got the first round!

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie, Big Congratulations. I'm really happy for you.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger angie said...

That's so awesome, Bill! I figured I'd be in good company, but damn! And thanks for the good wishes, everybody. Very much appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home