Sunday, October 22, 2006

Stylin' Obits






QuizGalaxy!

'What will your obituary say?' at QuizGalaxy.com
I blatantly stole this idea from Dana's blog. It's kinda funny because I've been thinking about obituaries lately. No, no, my writing dilemmas haven't sent me over the edge (yet). It's just that every year for the Day of the Dead Dinner Show program, Christian comes up with bizarre obits for all the Coyote members. He & Andrew think it's morbidly funny to come up with new ways to kill us all off. One year I committed suicide as my final project at the Sylvia Plath School of Poetry. Last year my obit read thusly: "Angie Johnson-Schmit has recently been voted 'High Priestess of the Damned' and spends her spare time raising an army of the undead with which to take over the planet." The obit writer (aka Christian H. Smith, comic genius) went on to wish me luck in my venture. Unfortunately, Bruce Campbell put an end to my plan for world domination. I'm still waiting to find out how I died this year. I'll let ya know when I do. Hopefully Bruce won't be around to interfere this time.

6 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, nice obits there. Don't believe it.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

I'm going to do that obit thing. Might give me some prose for my rewrite.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Christian said...

Don't forget- in one of the obits, I called you the "illegitimate love child of Margeret Thatcher and Screaming Jay Hawkins." You can't tell me that doesn't fit like a glove.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger d said...

I love funny obits

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger angie said...

"Don't forget- in one of the obits, I called you the "illegitimate love child of Margeret Thatcher and Screaming Jay Hawkins.""

I must have blocked that one out of my memory...

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home