Monday, October 30, 2006

Whoopee Cushions and General Madness

NaNoWriMo kicks off on Wednesday. The 7th Annual Day of the Dead show happens a week from Saturday. What the hell was I thinking?!!

I spent the weekend scouring the internet for sound clips, shopping for sound effect toys - including a whoopee cushion & a cap gun/shotgun, gathering supplies for the ofrenda*, making flyers amidst great amounts of cursing, cleaning the studio (and my oven!!!), and as an extra bonus, plotting my NaNoWriMo novel. Yeppers. I have lost a ton of sleep and most of my hair, and it ain't even close to being over. Did I mention that the hubster, who normally handles most of this crap is going to be in Tucson until the end of the week? No? Well, he is. Now I gotta go put together the playlist for the cd going to the VIP guests at the show & cut down some quarter sheet flyers before I make dinner. And yes, I would like some cheese with my whine. A nice brie with fresh fruit would be lovely...

*An ofrenda is an altar for deceased loved ones. I'll go into this more in a later post for those of you who aren't familiar with El Dia de los Muertos...

5 Comments:

At 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flying fast and flying high. The landing will be smooth.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger d said...

don't forget the breathing ...


Best of luck with it all!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Stephen Blackmoore said...

Sleep is for the weak.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

Well? How'd it go?

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger anne frasier said...

ah, the whoopee cushion. i wonder if a poor soul exists who never owned one. that would be terribly sad. i remember discovering that they actually worked better if you placed them behind a blanket draped over the back of a chair. a lot more bang for your buck audiowise. i think that's because a fat ass and deep cushion muffles the sound, or can even smother it completely.

good luck with NaNoWriMo. can we just call it nan?

i'm excited about following everyone's progress!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home