Monday, November 27, 2006

Can't Settle Down

I admit it. I've got a bad case of the clicky-clickies. I should be working on the novel - hell, I WANNA be writing, but am I? Uh, no. Obviously not, or I wouldn't be typing on this here blog thingie. Crap. There's just so much other interesting (and less stressful on the brain) stuff to read elsewhere.

Like My Book Made Me Bald over at Anne's blog, and the cranky lefty dude's 2-part post on his Thanksgiving camping trip at Arizona Babylon - I'm so stealing some of his photos for wallpaper. Or how about an ex-pat living in Germany showing off his culinary skills? Check out Steve and his bad-ass cooking.

Then there's the nasty turkey carcass photo on Mindy's blog and poor Bonnie's massacred shoes. On a brighter holiday note, Granny J has cool pics of Prescott's Christmas displays (yes, Prescott has dubbed itself Arizona's Christmas capital...go figure). Of course, some of us are still recovering from Thanksgiving.

Wanna read about the latest round of how-much-violence-is-too-much in the crime fiction world? Check out Sandra's blog. How about some super-short stories inspired by mug shots? Click over to L.A. Noir. For a look at the thin line between fiction and reality, take a look at Toni McGee Causey's post over at Killer Year.

There's tons more (there always is), but that's a little taste of what I've been doing instead of, y'know, writing the damn book. Now that I've outed myself, I guess I'll have to go back to staring at the screen again. Someone should really take my mouse away from me...

3 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie, thanks for the link. I have to dadly report that the last piece of chicken was consumed by moi, less than 15 minutes ago.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Bill Cameron said...

I want some chicken.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Granny J said...

Being Arizona's "Christmas City" is sorta hokey, but I love it because it's so very un-PC! Thanks for the link, Angie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home