Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Coyote Podcast Trailer & Other Stuff...


The account stuff is finally set up for this year's Day of the Dead t-shirt sales. If you're interested, you can get the details here, any questions email me or Coyote. Just an FYI, but Coyote's website seems to work best on Safari. I know, I know, pain in the ass, Mac-centric, etc., etc. It's a problem I'm not happy about, but just letting you know in advance.

Also, the sound for the show was pretty damn good (thanks to Todd Skaggs!), so we're working on getting the podcasts done. Time is the biggest problem now (as in we ain't got none), but here's a brief trailer of "The War of the Squirrels" show. Full podcast sketches to come soon...

I've been supremely unmotivated to blog lately. Partly it's the writing (moving along at a glacial pace, but moving nonetheless), partly the holiday stuff (I'm painting ceramic cookie jars this year & then spending a couple of days baking to fill 'em up - the hubster helped me, with questionable results, but I'm not gonna gripe), and partly because I just don't have a lot to say.

Maybe it's just the time of year. I love winter. I especially love the month of December. Can't help it, I just adore all the lights, hot drinks, and fires in the wood stove. Basically I go into pseudo-hibernation. My ultimate day is spent writing, reading a bit, and drinking multiple mochas (only half-caff or I'd never sleep), all while still in my p.j.'s. I don't actually get to do that all that often, but that's my idea of a good time. Boring, isn't it?

Finally had the time to finish Neil Gaiman's "Stardust". A fun fairy tale for grown-ups. Now I'm hoping the movie can stand up to the book. Started on "The Wheelman," but the hubster got his paws on it before I got very far. Now I'm stuck with "holy shit, this is freakin' great" and "damn, I thought that character was dead," and...well, you get the picture. Basically, he's really digging it and that says good things about the book. He doesn't read (or like) much in the way of modern crime fic. I haven't seen him this into a book since Ken Bruen's The Guards, so when he says the guy can write, he means it. Fortunately, I've got "The Blonde" to keep me busy. More on that later.

Back to the writing, the reading, the digging out of Christmas decorations. Hope you're all having a fab holiday season.

6 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger d said...

I think this sounds wonderful ...writing (no matter how glacially) painting cookie jars, baking with hubby and reading (or listening to books get read ;-) --I don't mind missing you on your blog so much if I can picture you doing all this great stuff. ENJOY ENJOY.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

hanging out in pajamas. Sounds heavenly.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Bill Cameron said...

usually people apologize for sites only working right in Windows IE, so i'm downright tickled that coyote's works best in safari. of course, i'm a mac-user whose default browser is opera, but that doesn't mean i can't fire up old safari in a pinch!

december is not that purty here. damp and dreary, though this year colder than usual. i generally hold my breath from a bit before thanksgiving until the end of january, when i can begin to detect that, yes, the light really is coming back. still, i like the lights, and i like the hot drinks myself. nothing wrong with an excuse to drink hot drinks and look at pretty lights, even if daylight is the light i really crave.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

The sun doesn't set until near 6 pm here in Arizona, Bill.

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Bill Cameron said...

I'm moving.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger angie said...

Yep, AZ's not a bad place to spend the winter. I'm a big fan of sunshine, but I like a little snow, too. I usually get that in Prescott. No snow yet, but it's still early!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home