Thursday, January 25, 2007

Blogger Kinda Sux

While this looked very cool in the movie, I'm not so thrilled when my blog goes all codey/Matrix on me. For no apparent reason. At least it didn't pull the invisible blog trick...well, not entirely. On the other hand, the situation forced me to make a back-up copy of the blog during the machinations to get the poor ol' LZ Lounge back up and running. And then I found the spam lurking in some of the comments. Was it really necessary to spam me on my anniversary post?! Losers.

Another weirdness...all of the paragraph breaks are gone & now the posts read like giant blocks of grey text. Gross. 'Course, I'm way too lazy to go back and fix all that crap (read the title of the blog, people...I'm not kidding!). Ooh, wait! I think I figured it out! God, I'm such a techno-ninny.

A more interesting weirdness is going back and getting to see all the changes people made with their avatars. Mindy went from a real estate agent-esque pic to the crazy/goofy neighbor lady pic - would you really trust her to pick up your mail when you're on vacation? I think not. Sandra went from straight hair to super curly red hair to mean widdle kid with a serious 'tude. And Anne is by far the most prolific & fun avatar chameleon (though I still say the smoking baby av is the best!).

I've noticed that I have some themes running in the blog post topics. Stuff like arts events in Prescott, poetry, Coyote Radio, sporadic cleaning binges, good books, bitching about poor blog etiquette, dreams and dreaming. And oh yeah, writing and much whining when it's not going well (hello, Ethel, my sweet little nemesis). Go figure. Hey, at least I'm consistent!

5 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger d said...

Hi,

Yeah I saw all that weird techno code gibberish stuff ...I thought it was something I did. Does this mean I'm officially paranoid?

I too have blogged about poor blog etiquette, cleaning, poetry, writing and NOT. I haven't bloged about Coyote Radio (but oughta) and I'm not sure if I've blogged about dreams and dreaming.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger anne frasier said...

glad to see you back, angie! and yeah, i went through a lot of avatars! i've had the smoking baby the longest. love it and don't want to change it. but it feels so weird to NOT change! :D

yes, you do have themes. i like them all.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

I'm totally in love with that smoking baby, Anne, although I wouldn't mention it to my therapist, if I were you.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Elizabeth Krecker said...

Glad you're back!! Love the Matrix image.

Going through your old blog posts must feel a lot like going through your old photos. Some great, some not so good, some you wish had never seen the light of day!

Hope you're staying warm in Prescott!!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Hulles said...

Angie, count your blessings. Lucille II wouldn't boot yesterday and I had to turn into computer geek extraordinaire to fix it. If my picture turns into anything, I trust you'll let me know.

And the smoking baby is wonderful. That's exactly what I looked like at 18 months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home