Friday, January 05, 2007

Driving with the Brakes on

Ethel's back. I'm not happy. With one foot firmly planted on the gas pedal and the other on the brake, this bitch ain't moving and that's no way to write. Ethel thinks it's hilarious. I disagree.

I'm off to buy some duct tape to shut her up while I figure out how to let up on the brakes without breaking my own leg to do it. Sheesh. Not that I'm being a drama queen about it or anything.

Oh yeah, and the exercise bike has been calling my name. And not in a good way. In a creepy, Richard Simmons crossed with Norman Bates kind of way. I'm so not excited about getting rid of my holiday cellulite. At least I'll have Ethel to keep me company.

8 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Christian said...

Cut the brakes, go barrelling down the hill like a bat outta hell and make sure Ethel's sitting in the seat without airbags. Plus, I think you've got the seeds for a good horror story there. An exer-bike that talks like Norman's mom may have been done, but Richard Simmons- now THAT's creepy.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...

I'm not that excited about a diet/exercise program this year, either, and I don't know why. Normally I'm all aflutter with plans to lose poundage.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger anne frasier said...

nooooo! not ethel!!!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger d said...

I hear this! I'm treadmilling and beginning my own start/stop/stall/grind/hophophop/die writing deal too.

I'd buy ya a drink ...but man the calories!

 
At 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell no...We won't go. Hell no... Sorry that wasn't the anthem for exercising. Weather is too lousy for walking. I'll take a drive, should be able to lose a couple of calories that way. Clutch, gas, break. Sounds good.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

Ethel bit my head off last night.

I hate Ethel.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

I go for walks with the dog. That helps. But I miss going to the gym I went to in New York. It was a brand new Golds and had everything!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger angie said...

The post holiday waddle is horrible, but Ethel is pure evil. Still working on a way to shut her the hell up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home