Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Flippin' Cold

It's really cold here. Okay, not ice/snow storm in the Midwest cold, but damn cold nonetheless. I wouldn't mind so much except a) I now have lots of little bits of bark and wood chips all over the damn living room floor from toting in wood for the wood stove and b) I just bought a scooter over the weekend & it's too flippin' cold to ride the damn thing. So I mind.

On the other hand, I have no excuse, zero, zip, zilch-a-rooti to put off writing. I really hate it when I'm bored with all the usual procrastination crap AND the weather is shitty, 'cause then I'm just fresh out of excuses. I guess it's time to make another mocha and settle down in front of the ol' wip and kick some writerly boo-tay. In this case, that means kicking my own ass to return to my little druggie girl and the body in the desert. I'm sure she's got some stuff on her mind that she's just dying to tell me...if she doesn't, it's gonna be a long, long night.

9 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

You always find the best pictures.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Christian said...

Try coming up to Flag. It's WAAAAY flippin' cold here.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger angie said...

At least you've got some damn snow! It's just butt cold here. Really, really getting on my nerves. Thinking about piling on a bunch of sweaters and taking the scooter out anyway, though. Mebbe spend a little time at the studio & get some work done there. Cabin fever has started setting in...it could get ugly.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger d said...

cold here too. The snow that was predicted didn't show up so ...just way too freekin' cold.

Glad you're writing.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger d said...

ha.
We posted at the same time.

If you're going out on the scooter (I rode one for YEARS) and it's that cold, you're gonna need one of those hoods ...the ones that go over your head and have eye holes (eye holes are essential) it's your FACE that's going to freeze off!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Christian said...

Screw eye holes. Trust the force.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Daniel Hatadi said...

Ah, the cold. How I miss winter. It's so hot and humid in Sydney that I think my lungs are sweating from the inside.

Write, dammit! Just one sentence. The others will follow.

(here's me talking, with only three sentences added to my novel in as many weeks)

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Hulles said...

Echoing Daniel Hatadi, write, little one! Write like the wind! The one sentence idea is good advice. So get crackin' and crank out bodies in the dessert or whatever it was. Reminds me of Farrah Fawcett...

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger angie said...

Oh god. Maybe that's what I need, a Farrah Fawcett character to round out my tweaker teen, the ghost, the Glock and the dead dealer in the desert. I'm writing, dudes, honest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home