Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Get on Your Bad Motor Scooter and Ride...

Horrible song, but I can't stop saying it. Still need to get a helmet, but in AZ you technically just have to wear sunglasses. Like that's gonna do much to keep my head intact if I should be stupid and/or unlucky enough to take a spill on these mountain roads. Love the scooter, though I couldn't get the damn thing started until it was too late to take it into to town...sheer stupidity on my part. Today is a different story, though. I'll wait until it's a little warmer & then take a ride into town, go get some work done at the studio. Need to get a little farther along on the new Coyote website (the old one is too damn cluttered), and yes, I'll be doing some work on the novel, too. I'm thinking a change of venue would be nice - plus I can get coffee that I don't have to make myself, so what's to complain about?

Here's the deal with the novel. I started over. I didn't toss everything out, but I was having a bitch of a time getting past one section & finally printed out what I had written and started again from the beginning. It seems to be working for me. Although the writing is still coming along stupid slow, at least it's moving. So now I've got a few things to take care of, and then I'm gonna get on my bad motor scooter and ride!

7 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger d said...

ooh a scooter ride! Have fun, wear your sunglasses (nutty arizonians).

Ciao! (a little nod to Eddie Izzard and my old Lambretta)

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger anne frasier said...

writing sucks

scooters don't

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger anne frasier said...

showing my age, but the pickle song is now stuck in my head. thank you, angie.

i don't want a pickle

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Daniel Hatadi said...

Write, write, write. Whatever it takes, however you get there, ride, ride, ride.

Or something.

 
At 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A scooter ride is alway a relaxer. An earworm is a pain.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger angie said...

I'm writing, I'm writing, dammit! 'Course I'm only back up to chapter three, but the reworked opening and chapter two are better, I think.

No worries on earworms - I don't have the song stuck in my head, just the phrase. Unlike Anne, who I've infected with the pickle song. Hehe.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...

I salute you, for not giving up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home