Sunday, January 28, 2007

Random Bits

Finally got the title for the scooter notarized & bought a helmet yesterday. I'm gonna look like a total dork, so I think I'll be moving forward with the whole cover-the-helmet-in-fake-fur idea. In for a penny, in for a pound & all that. Oh yeah, and got some more hair dye as my lovely pink locks are fading into an odd orangey pinkness. Didn't I mention the pink hair? No? Well, here's a pic to prove it. Andrew likes this one - says I look ornery. Who me?! Never!

Finally getting started on Suspicious Circumstances after having just finished Bruen's American Skin & Maleeny's Stealing the Dragon (available for pre-order now). So far so good with SC, adored American Skin (even though it broke my heart) and enjoyed Stealing the Dragon. After SC, I've got to get to work on the TBR pile - more on that in a later post, I think.

Mostly I'm just tired. Yeah, yeah, who isn't these days. Think it's partly the weather & mostly the fact that I've just been struggling with the writing. Completed the revised first 3 chapters of the novel & am much happier with them now (and no more creepy spider dreams, thanks very much), but it's just so flippin' slow. I'm not exactly a patient person. Unfortunately, I'm also a bit of a perfectionist. The combo makes for a pain in the booty kind of writing process. It's okay, but not much in the way of fun.

Which brings me to my personal goal for this fine Sunday...have some fun, dammit! Life's too short for the whole tortured artist routine, so today I'm gonna play with words & see a movie (been meaning to go see "The Departed" and looks like today is the day). No house cleaning junk - okay, okay, a girl's gotta have some clean dishes, but otherwise I'm taking the Nancy Reagan approach and will "just say no" to toilet scrubbing, refrigerator cleaning, sweeping, mopping, etc. It's the last day of the weekend, after all. Who the hell wants clean on the weekend?!

10 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger anne frasier said...

angie, i absolutely LOVE the hair. love it! and it doesn't hurt that you are cute as hell. and i agree with andrew about it being a great pic. love the ornery look, but we always knew that about you.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your husband has a good looking wife. You should change the picture of the witch and use this one, in my humble opinion. Enjoy the day off. You are correct, life is too short.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger d said...

Hey You, you look fabulous! :-)

I hear you totally about the not fun writing process (me too!). I'm trying to make peace with it ...not easy.

I hope you're zipping around on your scooter having a terrific time.
vroooom~vrooom~

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Hulles said...

I agree with Anne, the hair is great, you are cute as hell, and it is a great pic. Thanks. And you do look ornery, it's great.

In fact, I'm thinking about using this for my new bio pic! I'm pretty okay with the whole wrong gender thing.

Enjoy your Sunday.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Elizabeth Krecker said...

OMG! Did I miss a post? I sure as heck missed the hot pink hair!!! Wow!!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger angie said...

Well, yeah, Elizabeth. Actually, I'm pretty sure you missed out on the purple hair that came before the pink hair. See what happens when you drop off the end of the blogosphere for months and months and months?!

:o)

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Daniel Hatadi said...

There's a hairdresser up the road that has always respected for me my opinions of women's hair. She likes to quote me on it, too. Although I don't remember it, I once supposedly said, "the only good hair colour is artificial."

Keep writing, no pressure, enjoy the journey.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

I love that pic. And I love the hair too!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger anne frasier said...

and would it make you terribly uncomfortable if i told you i went lesbian after viewing that photo?

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger angie said...

Okay, ya'll are startin' to freak me out...gotta be cabin fever talkin'!

:o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home