Monday, January 29, 2007

War of the Squirrels Podcast - Parts 1 & 2

Yessiree, dem's ninja squirrels!

Parts One and Two of War of the Squirrels from 2006's Day of the Dead show is up now. Go check it out (part 3 is still in post-production - not as sexy as it sounds, just needs a lil' "sweetening" before Andrew puts it up). For whatever it's worth, I play Myra Flato and Sheriff Lobo - sort of a John Wayne meets Elvis voice. Anyway, enjoy. You can either play it directly from the site or download it & listen to it later.

Another cool thing that has nothing to do with squirrels is that the Smoki Museum's hosting an art show of Leonard Peltier's paintings. I'm stoked & will definitely be going to see this. If you want to hear my goofy hubster and J.T. Tannous talk with Smoki curator Adam Mikos talk about the upcoming event, you can listen to the podcast here. I guess Leonard Peltier's going to be making a phone call on the opening night...should be very, very cool.

9 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

How'd you get the squirrels to hang that way for you?

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Hulles said...

Hah. Dead rodents good. Hang 'em high.

I downloaded the podcasts and I'll listen to 'em later. I really wanted to watch the bootleg video but QuickTime doesn't make a Linux plug-in for Firefox, apparently. C'est la vie. And I still love your picture.

P.S. For some inexplicable reason I didn't have a link to lazyartistslounge on my blog, thought I did, but I'll rectify that in a minute. I love the word 'rectify,' it sounds so dirty.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger angie said...

Actually, the squirrels aren't dead. I poached the photos from a website about 2 guys who went "squirrel fishing." I guess they tied peanuts to string and got some crazy photos of the squirrels holding on to the peanuts for dear life. Gotta love the web. Ya find some really strange stuff there!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Bill Cameron said...

A squirrel chased me across the yard last summer. I stepped in poodle droppings as I fled.

This Drive-By Hi brought to by Sleepless Man, soon to be Sleepless in Seattle (heh) since I'm on my way there in the morning for Left Coast Crime!

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Myra Flato, squirrels are so cool.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger d said...

Fun! funny about the squirrel fishing.

I also spent a lot of time exploring Leonard Peltier--compelling artwork and his story is fascinating and only confirms my view that long/life prison terms are much more punishing than death sentences. Leonard seems to have found a way to cope and grow and contribute. Seems to me that would be the definition of "rehabilitated", irregardless of whether the sentence was just to begin with ...eek sorry this is headed toward rant (that's what my own blog is for).

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Elizabeth Krecker said...

Very, VERY, cool stuff happening in Prescott! Part 1 made me squeal like a...er...squirrel!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Hulles said...

Consider yourself rectified, Myra.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger anne frasier said...

that picture reminds me of my sad gym class days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home