Thursday, March 08, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggedy-Jig

If you haven't seen West Bank Story yet, you really, really should check it out. It's the funniest thing I've seen in ages and totally deserved the Academy Award it won last month. The log line of the short film sums it up pretty well..."a little singing, a little dancing, a lot of hummus."

So (obviously), I'm back from my hiatus and have a small mountain of work to get through. Honestly, I'm stoked to get back to my normal(ish) life. Once the desk gets cleared, I've got some ground to make up with the writing. I'm actually looking forward to that, too. I'm back, but I have a feeling blogging will be sporadic until I've cleaned up the work flow. I'll be running around & catching up with ya'll over the next few days. I understand there's a new crime fic thing somehow related to MySpace, so I guess I'll have to see what that's all about. Maybe tomorrow...

Went to the Lucinda Williams concert in Tucson a few days ago and have to say it was wonderful. I just adore her voice & song writing. Oh yeah, and her band kicked ass, too. One of the better birthday presents I've gotten! Weirdly enough, it was my first time to visit Tucson. Yeah, yeah, lived in AZ for almost 10 years now & still haven't been to the Grand Canyon or Mexico, so give me a break. Anyway, Tucson is now in my top 10 liveable cities list (and I really, really don't like city living, to that's saying something). Will definitely be going back soon.

It's good to be home. I guess that's pretty much all I wanna say today.

12 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie, guess we both came back about the same time. Good for you and good for me.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Granny J said...

Welcome home, Angie. Glad you found another liveable city. I still vote for Chicago.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Great to see you back Angie! Thanks for the movie recommendation.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger d said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger d said...

Welcome back angie! I missed you.

Your post title is what the kidlets and I used to say when we drove up our drive-way~twas a nice little deja vu for me.

Glad you had a good time at the Lucinda Williams concert!

P.S. the deleted comment above was mine ~sorry~ had a little spelling meltdown

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger angie said...

Yes, it's good to be back & glad you're back, too, Steve. I liked Chicago, but the weather was pretty sucky. Still, a great city. Nice to hear from everyone!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Daniel Hatadi said...

Hey, Angie, glad to have you back.

And yes, Crimespace is my new little pad, a virtual bar. Check it out when you have some time, it'd be good to have you over there.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Bill Cameron said...

Welcome home, lassie!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger anne frasier said...

good to see you back, angie!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger angie said...

I'm confused, Bill. Did you just call me a bitch or a collie?!

:~O

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

I've been here eight years. Haven't been to the Grand Canyon either.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Hulles said...

Glad you're back. Get your stuff done then come back and hang with us. What a nice surprise to see a new post! XO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home