Monday, April 16, 2007

If Bambi Was a Mule Deer...


then she and her mommie were in my backyard yesterday afternoon. Here's the baby through the slats of the deck.

The older doe knocked over the gnome (go figure...even the deer don't like garden gnomes).







The dogs went bezerk-o. The deer were smart enough to know the mutts couldn't touch 'em, but kept an eye on the humans staring at them through the sliding glass doors. Guess we didn't spook 'em too badly, 'cause they showed up again this morning. This time they brought friends. Nothing like waking up at o'dark-thirty with crazed dogs and five does in our tiny backyard. Beautiful, even if I wasn't happy about getting woken up early. I love living here!

7 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Granny J said...

Wow! Nice pix of some pretty does! That's one of the local animals that doesn't come this far downtown!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger d said...

So, you don't normally have deer in your yard? Deer and squirrels rule here.


I'm laughing about your garden gnome~I'm sorry. I know it's sad. (snicker)

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger angie said...

Well, it is a little unusual. Plenty of javalina, coyotes, bunnies, etc. Deer are around, but you find them more often farther up the mountain. I've seen deer in our yard more this year than ever before - this is the 4th time in 10 days. And another visit this a.m. makes me think we're on the "hey, they haven't mowed their grass!" route.

Poor gnome...don't get no respect!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...

When we first moved into the cul-de-sac, I saw mule deer on my walks, but they've been gone a long time now.

Great pictures, Angie!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Daniel Hatadi said...

What cuties! Reminds of the baby bongo I saw at Dubbo Zoo.

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, so cool, angie!

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie, nice pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home