Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sundogs Sucked, But I Still Love Hockey!















Well, they did. We lost 8-2 to New Mexico tonight. On the plus side, it's the first year for this minor league hockey team (the Sundogs, not NM) & they made the play-offs! There's another game on Saturday. Don't know if we'll make it, but I hope they do better than they did tonight.

I just love this game. It moves fast, players get mad and have fights (lots o' padding means I don't worry too much about anyone getting seriously hurt), and it's a bizarrely graceful game. LOVE it! Plus, it's an excuse to yell a lot and do stupid dances. I dig the catharsis. Bad day at the office/computer/whatever? Go to a hockey game. Trust me, you'll feel a lot better afterwards. Even if your team loses.

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger d said...

what I love is your enthusiastic joy produced by the hockey --so much fun to read! :-D
I think unrestrained enthusiasm is dying ...so much cynicism and icy coolness. bleh.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Hulles said...

I agree with Dink. Our team (the Minnesota Wild) just got knocked out of the playoffs by the effing Mighty Ducks and I'm not happy about it. But it's the only pro sport I follow anymore, and I love it. Once in a blue moon somebody will give me tickets on the glass to a Wild game, which is equivalent to first row seats at a Knicks game or whatever, at least to me. Sigh.

Thanks for the post! You made me excited again about the sport. I was a little blue after the Wild went tits up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home