Thursday, May 10, 2007

General Busy-ness

Made it up to Flagstaff yesterday (finally!) and enjoyed kickin' back at a coffee shop. I looked like a total dork with my big ass stereo headphones, but I figured "what the hell? it's a college town...maybe they'll just think I'm one of them there eccentrics." They had on good music but there were a couple of old guys talking very loudly about fishing in South Africa a few tables away from me. It was kinda interesting, but I had writing to do, so out came the iPod and monster headphones. Go ahead and laugh. I know I did.

Went to Bookman's but didn't have time to shop - the hubster has to go back to Flagstaff next week, so I'll put in some major browse time then. Stared with great envy and lust at all the people with their little laptops glowing both at the coffee house and Bookman's. I can't wait until I get mine in June! It will make writing outside of the house a lot easier. Writing long-hand kinda sucks, plus I can't help but be grumpy about the fact that it's a lot like writing it twice - first on paper and then at the keyboard. Not exactly conducive to writing much when away from the computer.

Anway, I've set a hard deadline for the first draft of the novel. I got some great (and unexpected) feedback on it earlier this week, so that's kinda lit a fire under my writerly butt. Not that I wasn't dedicated to the process before, but now I'm feeling a little more confident and I'm putting that extra energy to use. So...I'll probably go back to posting shorter stuff a few times a week. Especially since I'm cutting back on internet/blog/forum time. Not going away, just pulling back to focus on the novel. 'Cause that's really what it's all about, right? Doing the thing you love. Whether that's writing, or taking photos, or sharing ideas, or whatever. It's all about doing what you love and not getting sucked into to all the other crap-ola that seems to take up so much time and energy. Right? Right!

7 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

Go for it, Angie. Blogs, forum, it all takes time. Ten minutes stretches into an hour.

We'll leave the light on for you.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Chickenbells said...

Yay...I am going up to Flag after a "quick" hike in Sedona...I already have the books ready to go to Bookmans and my mouth set for some food and coffee at Macys!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Hulles said...

Right! Thanks for the reminder....

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger d said...

Yay for encouragement (and for encouragers)!

so, right--
A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

I'm a big fan of whatever works

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Daniel Hatadi said...

It takes me four days to get over here and all I have to add is ...

Right!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger WannabeMe said...

Those are the cutest shoes you have there. And yes, that's why I took a blog-hiatus, needed to get some things straight. =)

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

Your post made me laugh. Monster headphones. We have some. I can't imagine going out in them, so good for you!

Good luck with your novel.

:o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home