Thursday, May 17, 2007

Still Scribblin'

I'm taking full advantage of the hubster's absence to avoid housework in all of its forms and tippity-tap my wittle fingers off on the novel. It's going well. Never quite as fast 'n furious as I'd like, but...it's going well. The stack of dirty dishes is rising. I'm ignoring it. If it gets bad enough, I might consider some drastic hammer action. 'Course, I can't really afford to buy new dishes, so I think I'll stick with the la-la-la, my-sink-isn't-really-that-full-of-dirty-dishes delusion for now.

I'll be taking a short break this weekend to visit this psycho in the desert. The plan is to chauffeur Bill "lost dog" Cameron around to various bookstores for some drive-by signings. Forecast says highs will be around 100 in hell, er, Phoenix. Yes, I'm planning on bringing plenty o' bottled water along. And I've been promised muchas margaritas Saturday evening.

See, this crazy convection oven heat is one of the reasons why I live in the mountains. It's always 10 to 15 degrees cooler here. And you can breathe the air without choking on thick yellow smog. And it doesn't take 2 hours to drive across town. And the people aren't nearly as rude. And...well, you get the picture. But I'm totally looking forward to spending time with these two reprobates, so I guess it's worth the drive down to hell, er, Phoenix.

Back to my regularly scheduled typing, writing, hair-pulling, iced coffee guzzling, household task ignoring activities.

10 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Have a great time! And remember: it could be 40 degrees and raining. That's what it is here. Enjoy the heat ;) and the company!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger d said...

Screw the dishes...there's always biogdegradeable paper plates :-D

I think Phoenix better batten down its hatches (are there hatches in the desert?)

HAVE FUN!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Chickenbells said...

Good for you...with no chores! I have 2 largeish laundry baskets full of clean laundry waiting to be folded...they've been waiting for quite some time...

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

I have plenty of bottled water for ya, Angie.

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger angie said...

Off to get all my crap packed and loaded for Phx - leaving a ton o' dirty dishes for the hubster to deal with (heh, heh) and random scraps of paper and various paperback books scattered throughout the house.

Yes, if there are any hatches in Phx, they'd best be battened down pronto! And thanks, Mindy. But I'm still packing a cooler for the drive down. I can always feel the water being sucked out of my body as I descend into the Valley. *cue ominous music*

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

Have fun, Angie! I know the feeling of wanting to take a hammer to the dishes! Paper plates is the answer!

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting over there in October if I have to go in a cat crate.

Just not looking forward to scorpions...

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NERD

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Granny J said...

Look at it this way: you could be heading down in July when it's well above 110 down in the Valley of Death; this is the cool season, for heaven's sake!

I'm with you about the dishes. Dink's right.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

No scorpions in october, E. Ann. And haven't seen any at all in my new house.

We'll get you here in October if I have to send you FedEx.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home