Thursday, June 28, 2007

Random Stuff

This was my fav spot at the Grand Canyon, a studio built and designed by 1900's architect Mary Elizabeth Jane Colter. Most of the super nifty buildings there were designed by her and were simply amazing.

Just a quick howdy. Life's been insane - won't bore you with the details. Let's just say I've traveled the entire length of the state of AZ (Nogales, Mexico to the Grand Canyon), had a cake explode in my oven, too much time away from the computer, and the radio station will (finally!) go live on 07/07/07. Um, yeah. Insane in the membrane (insane in the brain).

Brett Battle's debut novel, The Cleaner came out before I had a chance to talk about it, dammit. I got my mitts on an ARC of this book a few months ago. Let me just say that while I'm not normally a big int'l thriller reader, I loved this book. Strong writing throughout and a kick ass twist. Believe me, I'm a tough one to fool, but I didn't see it coming. So...if you're looking for a fun, fast summer read, The Cleaner is well-worth checking out!

As for me, I've got over 2 weeks of work to catch up on. I'll try to make the blog rounds in a few days, but this whole "vacation" thing has left me way more stressed out than if I'd been able to stay on track with the writing schedule. Still, kinda hard to tell folks who've traveled well over a thousand miles to visit that I can't hang out with them. Actually, it was impossible. They've headed back home now, leaving me plenty of time, some quiet, and absolute solitude. So back into the breach I go!

7 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Granny J said...

Don't know which is more discombobulating -- I just had SSon's family of four in my smallish house for 8 days. By and large, it was fun, I was waited on and got a trip up to Crown King. Sounds like you got a really wonderful AZ tour! Can we expect pix???

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Time off can be a kicker, but just forgive yourself for being a few weeks behind and move forward.

Good to see you back.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

Cracked up at 'Insane in the membrane'.

Nutter!

I wish I was there with you! I need to go somewhere where no PCs exist for a while.

:o)

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger angie said...

Sadly, no pics. Our camera pooped out a few weeks ago & we haven't gotten around to replacing it yet. So...just a few pics from my cell phone!

Time off is usually a good thing. It was just that I'd have planned for a vacation in July or August, if it'd been up to me! But yeah, no recriminations. Just one of those unavoidable things & tomorrow it's back to work (today is the hubster's b'day!).

Nice to see ya, Michelle. Here's wishing you a break-a-roo soon!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Chickenbells said...

Welcome back...nothing like wanting and needing to take a vacation from your vacation! I am super excited about the station...and what a perfect date for it to happen, no?

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

Soon you'll be Very Famous. Congrats on all of it.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger d said...

Colter studio VERY cool.

the trouble with vacations is the stuff that WAITS for our return. ffft.

Glad you're back! :-)

P.S. BIG YAY for the very soon liveness of the radio station (like that sentence? hahahaha)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home