Thursday, August 30, 2007

Random Update


For those of you who are interested, we think we've figured out the 60 cycle hum situation with our Low Power AM station. The fab radio engineer took some time to look over everything, decided we needed a new power supply and suggested changing frequencies. Fortunately we already had the crystal for 1670, so he got it all hooked up, made some tweaks and we are now hum free! Yay! While we get our shit together, we're broadcasting from our Mackie mixer from The Raven Cafe. Very, very cool

I'm busy quitting smoking (my inner bitch is more outer than inner at the moment, but that's to be expected), working on the novel (difficult since I have an extremely short attention span and an even shorter fuse due to nicotine withdrawal), and am working on getting another writing related project off the ground. I'll be talking more about that as it gets closer to being ready for public consumption.

In the meantime, I've got some things to learn, pages to write, and will be taking a short break-a-rooti right after the Labor Day holiday thang. So, y'know, take care, have fun & happy writing!

6 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger d said...

Good news hum-wise. :-)

Good luck with the quitting thing--so hard and so worth it.

See ya!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Bill Cameron said...

Aye, good luck, lassie! And congrats on the hummer. (Wait, did that not come out right?) ;)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger angie said...

No, Bill. That absolutely did not come out right! The station sounds much, much better now.

And thanks, but luck has nothing to do with it. A willingness to apologize often and profusely to the hubster for my frequent irate and irrational outbursts is vital, though.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Granny J said...

I went cold turkey at the same time that we were launching a newsletter! Ugh -- I didn't think I'd ever be able to think again, I was in such a fog. Good luck on the hum-free new frequency, your former habit and the new venture!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

That all sounds good. IT's good right? Because it's technical talk, but it sounds good.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Linda G. said...

I really enjoyed listening to your interview! Sounds like you not only know what you're doing, but you have fun with it.
I too, wish you good luck with quitting smoking. I know it's not easy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home