Thursday, August 23, 2007

Slightly Less Boring...Much More Strange

The hubster has a radio show on a local radio station (KJZA) called Prescott Arts Beat. Big deal, right? Well, okay. Thing is, his interview for last week fell through and since he was busy running all over the state of AZ for his day job, he wasn't able to get another guest lined up. When in doubt, rope your spouse into doing the show.

I feel a little dumb, but he asked me to come on the show. I said, "And talk about what?" Well, he wanted to talk about what it was like to do the newbie/wannabe crime novelist thingie. And I did. Bizarre? Yes. Uncomfortable? A little. But it was also kinda fun and we talked about stuff I usually just think about or chat about to other writerly folk.

Anyway, if you're interested in hearing me blab about crime fiction, sub-genres, what's hot, and the general banality of writing, you can hear the interview as a podcast. Here are the linky-links.

Part One, where I blather on about outliners vs. pantsers and other writerly nonsense.

Part Two, where I try (rather pitifully) to explain what a cozy is & talk a little about noir and paranormal crime fiction.

Part Four, where I answer Andrew's Five Big Questions and give him crap about needing an editor to cut down on the "boring bits" of his intro patter. FYI, there is no part three, 'cause that's the calendar section of local arts events & he doesn't include that in the podcasts.

So...if you wanna, it's there. Oh, and don't freak out. He used an old "Angie has bright pink hair" picture of me and I look appropriately silly/vaguely scary.

10 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

So what color is your hair now?

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger angie said...

LOL! It's normalish - reg'lar brown with some blonde streaks in it. But I'm hitting Sally's this weekend to choose a new color. I liked the pink, so I'm leaning that way...what can I say? I'm easily bored.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger d said...

Part One:
:-D

Part Two:

:-D

Part Four:

uh. I'll have to try that one again--puter went nutso said I was doing an "illegal operation" and through me out...sigh.

I was smiling and nodding throughout. Love your philosophy that there is not a "right way" to write a book "whatever works" is good and that violence and its consequences maybe oughta be real/explicit because that in itself may be a deterrent --I hope that's what you said--that's what I heard ;-)

Loved it all (hoping to love part four soon ...dang blasted puter!)

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger d said...

sheesh make that "through" a "threw"

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger angie said...

Damn that spell czecher!

Glad you liked it, Dink. Don't know what the issue was with part 4 - must just be booting off the criminal element!
;)

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger WannabeMe said...

Your first interview! How many folks can say that? Points for hubby for this one!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger d said...

AT LAST!

I heard Part Four: :-D

My random comments are:

YOU PICKED TRUMAN CAPOTE! ha. so would I. I've had a fascination with Capote for eons before even "In Cold Blood" which is one of those books that sucked the air outta my lungs.

He's such a jumble of talent and vices and conflicting qualities that he infinitely mysterious and interesting. His ability to be extremely insensitive in interactions with real life peeps contrasted with the enormous sensitivity in his writing --well, like I said, fascinating!

And while I don't love everything he wrote --some of it is exquisite.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger angie said...

Yeah, Capote was quite a character. I've always loved the short story he wrote about Marilyn Monroe, "Beautiful Child," IIRC. But beyond the persona, he wrote a helluva book with IN COLD BLOOD & did a great job interviewing the murderers. He'd be a lot of fun to hang out and have some brioche and coffee with while talking shite and murder!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Bill Cameron said...

Downloading to my iPod right now for listening while I do my drive up to Washougal later!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Bill Cameron said...

I dunno about you, but sometimes it DOES take me five hours to come up with the right verb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home