Thursday, September 13, 2007

Type, Monkey, Type!

I've been so busy getting the new podcast up and running, that the writing has been back-burnered for longer than I like. Well, today I have no excuse. I'm stuck in a hotel room in Tucson with a few good books and a laptop w/o GarageBand - no way to get lost in sound editing until tomorrow afternoon! And that's a very, very good thing.

Been reading some super cool books lately, and I'm barrelling through Charlie Huston's latest, The Shotgun Rule. I'm loving it for a number of reason, but mostly just because Huston is just a damn fine writer. When I'm taking a break from my own work, books like this keep me motivated to get back to it. Sets up a weird tension at times, but mostly I just think it rocks.

Oh, and David Morrell is doing a workshop thing in Prescott this Saturday, so I've got that to look forward to. I'm keeping fingers crossed that it'll be fun and that I'll walk out with at least a few extra ideas or tools to add to the ol' writer's trick box.

Until then, this monkey's gotta get back to typing...

3 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Yeah. Get cracking! *cracks whip* I saw Nephele Tempest is looking for YA authors to represent...

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger WannabeMe said...

Yep, I got to get back to writing, too! Too much fooling around with laundry and cooking!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger d said...

oooh...typetty-type-type

eggsellent!

go you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home