Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Been Gone/Coming Back


Yeah, I've been gone a long time. It's been a rough couple of months and I'm just starting to want to deal with, y'know, the larger world. I won't go into all the varied crap that's happened - everybody's got their own version of the poop parade that they've had to march in. I will say that the whole shebang was capped off with finally finishing the first draft of SPUN, followed two days later by holding ZuZu (aka The Wolfie Princess) as the vet put her to sleep and the hubster and I cried buckets o' salty sadness. We had Zuzu for over 10 years. We thought she'd be with us a lot longer. I miss her.

So the bubbly I bought for finishing the draft still sits in the 'fridge. I haven't been exactly in the celebrating mood. But hey, maybe I'll feel like popping the cork once the edits are done and I've been able to bring myself to get another dog ( Zelda - aka The Little Black Bitch - is grieving & has never been w/o a partner in crime). I don't think I've ever felt so ambivalent about completing a project in my life.

3 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry about zuzu. :( we just buried my daughter's cat in the front yard. she was a part of the family for 16 years. i keep thinking about her soft, beautiful fur in the cold clay ground.

ambivalent seems to be the word i use for everything right now. *sigh*

wow. i really shouldn't drink and post. :D

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger angie said...

It's been a rotten month for pets - you're the third person I know who's lost one. Sorry to hear about the kitty. It's so hard to say goodbye to a critter that's been a part of the family.

And yes, I agree about the drinkin' 'n 'netting. I've done that myself recently. Oops...
;)

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger astrologymemphis.blogspot.com said...

That's SO hard. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you're recovering a little from your grief now, but don't rush the process. It takes as long as it takes. Best wishes to you, and to Zelda.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home