Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Tick freakin' Tock

Finally finished the revisions on the first draft and am now waiting to hear back from the readers so I can do another round o' revisions and a polish before starting the query-go-round. I really, really, REALLY hate waiting.

Especially since the other stuff I could be doing is kind of a no-go at the mo' - external hard drive crashed, so until I get the replacement later today & get everything transferred, I can't do the latest podcast edits. Tried to look at the second book (got 20k done on the first draft), but the narrative voice is so different that it's pointless to try and make the shift until I'm done with book one.

Did I mention how much I hate waiting? Guess it's time to catch up on all that housework I've neglected in the process. Don't that sound like fun...

4 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

In the words of Tom Petty, the waiting is the hardest part.

You're a spitfire Angie :)

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find reading more enjoyable than writing. Took a few years to realize this.

Steve

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger angie said...

Thanks...I think! I love reading, but I'm happiest when I'm reading AND writing. Even when the writing makes me miserable.

Still waiting on the last reader, but have enough to get started on round 2 of revisions. Hard to believe I wrote a whole damn book and have been left with a bit of a 'so what?!' feeling. Probably just overwhelmed by the next steps (query letter, anybody?), but I'll get over it. Besides, I have another idea I wanna get to!

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately the waiting is constant. Even when you have a contract you're always waiting for the next stage. Mmm, speaking of housework-better do some.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home