Thursday, October 05, 2006

Vacuums, Vagaries & Violence

Ethel was busy, so she sent her (slightly better dressed) evil step-sister, Hattie over. Don't let Hattie's apparent joie de vie fool you, though. A black and sinister soul lurks beneath that smiling-while-dancing-with-a-vacuum mod/hipster facade.

Hattie doesn't mind that I'm writing. Au contrair! She thinks it's a fabulous hobby, wonderful fodder for the cocktail party scene. But Hattie thinks I should really wash those dishes first. Cluttered sink, cluttered mind and all that. And oh my, the bathtub certainly could use a good scrubbing - maybe let those cute little scrubbing bubbles work so you don't have to! She doesn't seem to understand that those little scrubbies have gone the way of Mr. Whipple. Or that I don't give a flying rootie tootie about the soap scum today.

Aargh! I'd shove her into the refrigerator, but she'd just point out that I need to clean out my veggie bin. Bitch. I think I'll unplug the phone (sorry, not available for coffee and/or conversation today) and lock up all the cleaning supplies. Take that, oh evil mistress of cleaning doom...

7 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

Oh! In one of my blog posts I referred to myself as the world's scuttiest bitch due to what I found behind the furniture the other day.

The shout from housework is such a pain when writing calls louder.

:O)

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger d said...

Oh yeah ...scrubbing the bathrub. I vaguely remember that. heh.

Oh well back to this writing hobby

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm a stay at home husband and I do all that stuff. Nothing wrong with helping around the house. Leave the glass slipper outside the front door, never know who might pick it up.

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie, are you doing okay? I hope so.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

Now that I'm on HIATUS, you have to update your blog more often.

Else, I'll bum out.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger angie said...

Yep. I'm all right. Just super busy with the Coyote Radio event - thanks for the concern, Steve, but I'm fine.

And Mindy, I'm not responsible for feeding your Blogger addiction...
I'll try to come up with something later today, though. It does look kinda sad with no new posts.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

I put up a new photo for you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home